Having a loss or being in an accident can be a stressful time. It is important to know what
steps you should take to have it go as smoothly
as possible. It is important to remember that
taking care of your property is first and foremost. Your primary actions should include protecting
your property against further loss and is as important as taking the time to report the claim.
- Contact the authorities or emergency personnel if that is necessary (fire, break-in, etc.)
- Make any necessary temporary repairs to protect your property from further damage.
- Keep all receipts for costs associated with the loss
- Make a list of all damaged items
- Contact us your agent or your insurance company directly.
- Contact the police
- Get the name, address & phone numbers of all drivers, passengers and any witnesses.
- Make note of the year, make, model, color and registration number of all vehicles involved in the accident
- Obtain insurance information from all persons involved in the accident (company name & policy number)
- Ask for the police officer’s name and for a copy of the report
- Contact us your agent or your insurance company directly
We are ALWAYS here to serve you. If your loss or accident occurs after business hours or on a weekend you may choose to contact the
insurance company your policy is through directly to get the claim reported sooner. To help with this here are their contact information.