Having a loss or being in an accident can be a stressful time. It is important to know what steps you should take to have it go as smoothly as possible. It is important to remember that taking care of your property is first and foremost. Your primary actions should include protecting your property against further loss. This is as important as taking the time to report the claim.
- Contact the authorities or emergency personnel if that is necessary (fire, break-in, etc.)
- Make any necessary temporary repairs to protect your property from further damage.
- Keep all receipts for costs associated with the loss
- Make a list of all damaged items
- Contact us your agent or your insurance company directly.
- Contact the police
- Get the name, address & phone numbers of all drivers, passengers and any witnesses.
- Make note of the year, make, model, color and registration number of all vehicles involved in the accident.
- Obtain insurance information from all persons involved in the accident (company name & policy number)
- Ask for the police officer’s name and for a copy of the report
- Contact us your agent or your insurance company directly
We are ALWAYS here to serve you. If your loss or accident occurs after business hours or on a weekend you may choose to contact the insurance company your policy is through directly to get the claim reported sooner.
To help with this here is their contact information:
|Concord Group Insurance
|Maine Mutual Group